- Search for a group of books which all contain the same work, even if the books have different titles
- Filter out unwanted books from a search result where they have the same title but different content
Comply With Territorial Rights:
- Automatically identify books intended for overseas markets when there is a territory-specific version available already, so enabling the respect of “sole territory rights”
Improve Collections Management and Sales & Loans Analysis:
- Collocate books automatically, even when they have different titles;
- Efficiently analyse sales or loans of a work even when it is published under multiple titles or is just a component of a larger publication.
Nielsen Book operates one of the first ISTC Registration Agencies, enabling authors, publishers and other authorised representatives to register textual works with an ISTC. We also provide advice and guidance on how to make the most of this important new system.
BookNielsen Book is a leading provider of search, discovery, commerce, consumer research and retail sales analysis services globally. Nielsen runs the Registration Agencies (ISBN and SAN Agencies for UK & Ireland, ISTC), provides search and discovery products through its Nielsen BookData product range, electronic trading via Nielsen BookNet and PubEasy services, retail sales analysis via Nielsen BookScan and consumer research through its Books and Consumer Survey.
Nielsen acquired the business Intelligence and commerce solutions products: PubTrack ™ Digital, PubTrack ™ Christian, PubTrack™ Higher-Ed, and Books & Consumers, Global Ebook Monitor and custom research. Commerce Solutions products: PubEasy® and Pubnet® in 2013. Together these servcies enhance Nielsen Book’s solutions portfolio and brings deeper insights and improved efficiencies to the global book industry.
The group employs 120 staff in the UK. The company is wholly owned by Nielsen. For more information, please visit: www.nielsenbook.co.uk
Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement, online intelligence and mobile measurement. Nielsen has a presence in approximately 106 countries, with headquarters in New York, USA and Diemen, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen Book Services Limited
Incorporated in England and Wales / Company Number: 00070437
Registered Office: 3rd Floor Midas House, 62 Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 6LQ
Tel +44 (0)1483 712 200 / Fax +44 (0)1483 712 201
VAT Registration Number GB 232 1805 01